Bisexuality is mainly used in the context of human attraction to denote romantic or sexual feelings toward both men and women, and the concept is one of the three main classifications of sexual orientation along with heterosexuality and homosexuality, which are each parts of the heterosexual–homosexual continuum.
A bisexual identity does not necessarily equate to equal sexual attraction to both sexes; commonly, people who have a distinct but not exclusive sexual preference for one sex over the other also identify themselves as bisexual.
Gay and bisexual men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent an incredibly diverse community. Gay and bisexual men have both shared and unique experiences and circumstances that affect their physical health and mental health needs as well as their ability to receive high-quality health services.
For more information, please visit Gay and Bisexual Men's Health, offering information on the following:
- For Your Health: Recommendations for a Healthier You
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Viral Hepatitis
- Suicide and Violence Prevention
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health
Bisexual Resource Center
Committed to providing support to the bisexual community and raising public awareness about bisexuality and bisexual people. Interested in knowing more about the BRC? Click here to download our shiny new brochure.
The American Institute Of Bisexuality
The American Institute Of Bisexuality encourages, supports and assists research and education about bisexuality, through programs likely to make a material difference and enhance public knowledge, awareness and understanding about bisexuality.
Bi.org is a great resource for the international bisexual community. It is a very large site with links all over the globe. Especially strong are the links to bi resources throughout the world outside of North America.
Search for a Local Bisexual Support Group: offered by the Bisexual Resource Center, this enables you to search for local bisexual support groups.
LA Bi Center: a project underway whose purpose will be to better serve the bi community in LA and act as a resource to the LGBT Centers in the LA area.
- Biversity Boston: a mixed-gender social events for Boston and the surrounding area.
- Bisexual Resource Center: a great deal of bisexual information not available elsewhere.
- BiNet USA: a network of groups, projects and individuals, encouraging dialogue and participation as a way of creating and maintaining a cohesive bisexual community and empowering individuals to feel proud of their bisexuality.
- Bay Area Bisexual Network
- San Francisco Sex Information: a free information and referral switchboard providing anonymous, accurate, non-judgmental information about sex
- The Bi Writers: Association: voice promoting bi writers, bi books and bisexual writing in America. We provide a networking forum for bi writers and online bi book club.
- BiCupid: calls itself "the world's first, largest and most effective dating site for bisexual, bi-curious singles and bi couples...Unlike other sites, singles here start out with something in common, love for bisexual or bisexual related. The common interest will help make dating easier and more effective."
- Bisexual Playground: an Online Community with Personals and Chat for Bisexual, BiCurious, and Open-Minded Individuals.