Free calibre eBook management library is meant to be a complete elibrary solution and thus includes library management, format conversion, news feeds to eBook conversion, as well as eBook reader sync features and an integrated eBook viewer. See calibre in action an overview of the major calibre features and how to get started using them.
Calibre is an eBook library management application developed by users of eBooks for users of eBooks. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
- Library Management
- eBook conversion
- Syncing to eBook reader devices
- Downloading news from the web and converting it into eBook form
- Comprehensive eBook viewer
- Content server for online access to your book collection
Getting help with calibre
- The first place to look for the answers to your calibre related questions is the list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Try watching the Grand Tour introductory video for pointers on how to accomplish various tasks with calibre. calibre has comprehensive documentation in its User Manual. In addition, video tutorials are available here.
- If none of these sources have the answers you need, you can always ask for help, in the very active calibre forum at mobileread.com, or on the Facebook calibre fan page, or at #calibreforum on Twitter.
Various tutorials on how to create/convert eBook with calibre.
- A guide on eBook conversion by John Schember, a calibre developer ABCs of eBook format conversion.
- A step-by-step guide on converting HTML and Microsoft Word formats using calibre.
- Another step-by-step guide on creating ePub files starting from OpenOffice/Word.
- Read the Conversion Section of the calibre User Manual for an in-depth understanding of how conversion works in calibre
You can sometimes improve the readability of fonts in the calibre eBook viewer by using the Microsoft ClearType Tuner. If you feel the fonts are blurry, try using this tool.
Tech Support Services
Need Help with hardware, software, pricing of electronic items, or do you need to know how-to work with a program or maybe you just can’t find answers searching Google or Bing? Open a tech support ticket.
Submit New Ticket